Thursday, October 28, 2010



'It's almost funny' I once thought
How everyone can just be bought
The notion did not occur to me
That I too had a fee
Yet bold and staunch I rode the wave
Up and down through life's maze
And one fine day I thought again
"Maybe I can sell yet still win"
So off I went to fool the man
So blind are we when we show our hand
A handshake, signature, or nod of head
You might as well be burned and dead
Time tick tocks and the dawn arrives
You're locked in jail with no reprise
Your soul on trial and mind the judge
The verdict useless as you trudge
You search in vain for your receipt
Or contract or memory to uncover deceit
Instead you find that you were the one
Who let them tag you "$101"

Unfortunately there's no warranty
Or 30-year return policy
Your soul and mind locked in a fight
Your psyche often flees in fright
"What the hell am I gonna do?"
You rack your brain and plans you brew
But you will never escape your hell
You'll only succeed in subduing the swell
Of currents, tides, and waves so rough
To survive sane would be quite tough
Alas it is the only door and
Once you've made the blackness yours
Forget the chains and break the locks
Lose your mind and let the cocks
Tell you you're mad for staring inside
And hope you keep quiet that this spell will subside
Because if you make it through alright
You'll see the pussy motherfuckers in the light
Scared to dare to bare their soul
To be with Satan they think so bold
They quiver and fear being free
So let them rot in ignorant misery
Enjoy the pain and let it in
The joke is that's your salvation
Addiction comes in many forms
I have mine and you have yours
But price tags don't adorn this vessel
And that's why my life is a living hell
Fun to live, weird to be, cool to feel
Hard to work, blissful to think, exciting to create
AND WONDERFUL TO DIE

-Margaret Santangelo, July 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment